21.3.08

First Steps

Today I spent the day framing and installing hanging hardware to a few things to submit to the Local Emerging Artists Show at FCMOCA-- although after doing all that work I found out that they moved the show until June, it still felt good to have things done and ready to go. I feel ready to start putting things out there. Something I've learned about myself is that sometimes I feel like I ought to be able to do certain things right away, but it takes me a while to really get to the point where I am actually ready. And oh, what a wonderful thing when I get to that point.

Strangely, this semester I see myself "growing up" a little bit. It is beginning to sink in that after this semester, I'll only have one more year of classes before student teaching. It's crazy to think about in a year from now, I'll be taking my last set of classes in my undergrad.

With that comes with a bit more confidence about what to do with my art, what I want it to be in my life. It also makes me feel like I know a little more about what I am doing and makes me feel more equipped and empowered to do it. I'm to that point where I am ready for a lot of things, a ready that can't be pushed, but must be waited for.

So, I'm waiting for the MOCA show, but am also planning to submit something to the undergraduate show that will be coming up very soon here!

Thanks to my ever-researching roommate, I also found a wonderful artist blog. Check it out.

No comments: