11.7.08

Literacy Resource 4: Oragami and Paper Airplanes

A great resource I have discovered for working with creative students reluctant to apply themselves to reading is activities such as origami and paper airplanes. I found a simple book in the Juvenile non-fiction section of the library giving directions on many different types of paper airplanes. In attempt to draw out some more visual and artistic interests in the particular student I am working with, I also brought along a selection of markers to decorate our creations which. There is something about the opportunity to add decoration to something that makes people feel more at ease-- a lesson I learned through the many class presentations in my art education methods class. The nice thing about books on paper airplanes is that the directions are not as complex as traditional origami books, which makes the process a bit less intimidating.

No comments: