7.3.09



I realize that I've abandoned this blog a bit, but as I've been reading more blogs about creative inspiration and such, I think I am going to revisit this space and work on posting more on my creative endeavors and processes as well as reflecting more on my teaching experiences, especially as I get closer to student teaching and then on to other things.

This semester I've been working at Loveland High School with Brain Causer in his Drawing I classes. Now that we're midstream as far as the semester is concerned, I'm really enjoying working with a teacher who is constantly asking questions about how he can improve his classes. Each day I visit his class, I look forward to the interesting question he poses about how to solve different problems or the challenges he shares with us concerning developing an art program.

As for my art, this semester finds me much more inspired. I've been working more with landscapes and am exploring the relationship of memories and emotional understanding of these spaces. I have also begun working on an Altered book, which also deals with the idea of environment, space, and the interplay of self and these elements. I am also excited about exploring all kinds of color relationships and approaches to the emotional knowledge we store up about the places that fill the every day parts of our lives.

A couple of goals: As I hope to develop this blog a bit further, I want to be more diligent about writing about my art and posting photos and ideas. I've been really inspired by a number of blogs I've been reading and want to develop my skills in creating the same sort of inspirational space here. As I have also received a fabulous toy for my 22nd birthday, I hope to post a "Photo of the Day," as I pick out the little visual joys in my life.

To start things off, I posted a little pic above I took about a week ago that epitomizes the joy in the midst of everyday-ness. Maybe this blog will become more of a photo journal... we'll see

No comments: