22.5.09

A few new creative things

 
 
 
 


Now that school is out and a have five minutes of freedom before summer camp starts, I am filling the day with as many creative things as possible. I've set up my studio in the garage and have begun the greiving process involved in leaving this wonderful house. I am working on selling a painting from the show a few weeks ago and hope to get a couple more done before the end of next week to start posting on etsy.

but TODAY-- oh today! After looking at the sparse selection of new machines available in this area for as close to $300 as possible, I found a nice little Kenmore sewing machine in craigslist for a whopping $35! According to a local servicer with now monetary involvement in my decision, Kenmore's are made almost exactly the same as a Janome and other basic sewing machines. And so, although it is no bernina, I am happy to have a small collection of metal peices that will happily aid me in all the sewing endeavors I've been dying to undertake for God-only-knows how long.

Also in honor of my school-work-lesss freedom, I discovered a fabulous new thrift store bursting with vintage delcious wonder. Leaving the school cafeteria this morning after work, the bins of silverware inspired me to create this whimsical little windchimes. After a little conflct with a bottle of gorilla glue , I reign victorious and am enjoying the chimes of spoons and other kitchen acrutaments as I write. One will go with my co-worker to camp on Calalina Island and one will stay right outside my door. hhhmmm. I love love love summer!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: